Information contained below pertains to Continuing Education programs not previously approved by a RCEEM (ARRT-Recognized Continuing Education Evaluation Mechanism
, which includes VOICE Credits for Nuclear Medicine Technologists) or by one of the NMTCB's
list of approved CE Approval Organizations.
Continuing education (CE) approved by the Kentucky Board of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy must be relevant to medical imaging and/or radiation therapy and reflected in the materials submitted for approval in accordance with 201 KAR 46:060, Section 3
To request approval of a CE program or activity:
2. Submit the following for each presentation in the program:
A. Copy of program, brochure, or schedule, as appropriate
B. Title of CE presentation with name of speaker
C. Brief summary of CE
D. Content Objectives/Outline
E. Resume/CV of presenter
F. Name and phone number of contact person for CE program
G. Description of attendance documentation and verification method
3. All materials should be submitted for review at least 20 business days prior to the activity/event to allow time for review and approval.
4. CE activities must be approved prior to the program or activity; retroactive approvals will not be granted. ARRT and NMTCB Guidelines for CE approval will be used when evaluating CE requests.
5. Submit check or money order payable to “Kentucky State Treasurer” in the amount of $10 per presentation in a program or $100 for a sponsoring institution; the sponsoring institution fee is an annual fee that would include any program approval for the calendar year.
CE Sponsor is required to retain attendance rosters for at least 5 years after the event date(s) to verify attendance, if necessary.
7. CE Sponsor agrees to participate in the audit of approved CE programs, as requested by the Board, to include presentation evaluations, attendance, and CE participation documentation; and to comply with policies set forth by the Board, the ARRT, and NMTCB regarding CE programs.