Information contained below pertains to Continuing Education programs not previously approved by a RCEEM (ARRT-Recognized Continuing Education Evaluation Mechanism: https://www.arrt.org/partners/rceems , which also includes VOICE Credits for Nuclear Medicine Technologists).
Continuing education (CE) approved by this Board must be relevant to medical imaging and/or radiation therapy and reflected in the materials submitted for approval. To request approval of a CE program or activity:
1. Complete a “Request for Approval” form for each program: Continuing Education Approval Form
2. Submit the following for each topic in the program:
A. Copy of program, brochure, or schedule, as appropriate
B. Title of CE presentation with name of speaker
C. Brief summary of CE
D. Content Objectives/Outline
E. Resume of presenter
F. Name of contact person for CE program
G. Description of attendance documentation and verification method
3. All materials should be submitted for review at least 20 business days prior to the activity/event to allow time for review and approval.
4. CE activities must be approved prior to the program or activity; retroactive approvals will not be granted. ARRT and NMTCB Guidelines for CE approval will be used when evaluating CE requests.
5. Submit check or money order payable to “Kentucky State Treasurer” in the amount of $10 for an individual program or $100 for a sponsoring institution; the sponsoring institution fee is an annual fee that would include any program approval for the calendar year.
Sponsors/Providers are required to retain attendance rosters for at least 3 years after the event date(s) to verify attendance, if necessary. KBMIRT will not process sign-in sheets; the CE sponsor/provider must give each participant a certificate of completion that they must retain in their records.